The Irish Augustinian Lay Forum
The Lay Forum is made up of a group of dedicated people who come together a couple of times a year to consider the future of Faith in Ireland.
We ask hard questions in a Faith context such as:
- What are you seeking by coming here today?
- Where do you experience God in your life?
- Can you shape your dream of Faith in the future for us?
For those who participate, we, the Augustinians, share an understanding of our ethos, pastoral works and services. Our hope is to build an image of what Faith will look like in the future so that everyone can find God.
Some thoughts going forward
- The Forum is a body that is to provide leadership and vision for the whole Province- rather than to search for solutions to local issues.
- The regional meetings are a moment of possibility for hearing where people are at and in that hearing to begin to plan for the gathering (Synod) in 2019.
- The way of working is prayerful discernment- what might this mean for the Forum in terms of how it works and how members relate to each other and the people in the local communities?
Synod March 2020 Registration
Be sure to download and register early for the March 2020 Synod. The registration form can be downloaded Here. The Synod will be an opportunity for people to come together to consider the future of Faith in Ireland. For those who participate, we, the Augustinians, share an understanding of our ethos, pastoral works and services. Our hope is to build an image of what Faith in Ireland will look like in the future.
Reflections for our upcoming Regional Meetings
The articles attached in the PDF document below come from the Furrow (Sept 2019) and were written by Dermot McCarthy & Gerry O'Hanlon. They are interesting in how they explore the interaction and relationship between Church and State, while also reflecting on the recent history of the Church as it moves forward into Pope Francis' hope for a more synodal type Church. They may be of interest to readers of our Lay Forum but especially those who will be attending the upcoming Regional Meetings.